The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau is charged with marketing Austin nationally and internationally as a premier business and leisure destination, thus enriching our community's overall quality of life.
ACVB has an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant to the President/CEO. This full time, exempt and salaried position works in partnership with the President/CEO and the Leadership Team; and maintains all documents and communication in the Executive Office with a high level of confidentiality.
Summary of position and duties:
- Principal contact to President/CEO.
- Maintain President/CEO’s appointment calendar and contacts files.
- Maintain all documents and communication in the Executive Office with a high level of confidentiality.
- Coordinate President/CEO’s travel and other logistical arrangements.
- Act as liaison between staff/management/outside constituents and city council staff.
- Relieve President/CEO of routine matters.
- Compose/prepare correspondence and reports.
- Organize and coordinate arrangements for meetings and special events including contacting participants, assisting President/CEO in preparing agenda; reserve meeting rooms and secure accommodations; and organize handouts.
- Record, transcribe, and distribute various meeting minutes.
- Maintain contact directory.
- Sort, prioritize, and route incoming mail.
- Respond to staff and client inquiries.
- Conduct research and prepare basic information.
- Respond to problems or complaints.
- Receive invoices for executive department and prepare check requests and/or POs for submission to finance department.
- Assist CEO with time-off requests from executive staff.
- Prepare CEO’s expenses reports and ensure that recurring expenses are reported.
- Maintain files for executive office.
- Maintain VIP promotional items/gifts.
Support to Sr. Vice President:
- As needed.
Responsibility to Board:
- Liaison between President/CEO, Board members and Executive Committee.
- Coordinate and handle all meeting arrangements for Executive Committee, Board of Directors meetings, new board orientation and various board committee meetings.
- Record, transcribe and distribute meetings minutes.
- Maintain Board files, including Board of Director tenure records.
- Respond to Board inquiries.
- Prepare and disseminate post-Board correspondence.
- Prepare annual meeting schedule for Board and Executive Committee meetings and secure locations.
Key Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- 5+ years’ executive-level admin experience; extensive knowledge of office operations.
- Working knowledge of (and proficiency with) computers, word processing and spreadsheet software, especially Microsoft Suite as well as standard office equipment.
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and organizational skills
- Experience working with Boards
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, understand and follow complex oral and written instructions, keep complex records, prepare reports, and represent supervisor in a professional manner.
Excellent benefits; equal opportunity employer. Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested qualified individuals should submit a cover letter and resume with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line, no later than December 9, 2016.