The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau (ACVB) is charged with marketing Austin nationally and internationally as a premier business and leisure destination, thus enriching our community's overall quality of life.
ACVB has an immediate opening for a Marketing Coordinator. This hourly, non-exempt position will assist the Senior Communications Manager, Tourism & PR Manager and Music Industry Marketing Manager.
Job duties include:
• Assist Convention Sales and Services Departments with creation and maintenance of collateral, tools and training
• Assist Music Office with Hire a Musician requests
• Assist with press kit material maintenance and updates to ensure accuracy and timeliness of information
• Assist with response to media inquiries and editorial requests
• Assist with fulfilling image & b-roll requests
• Assist with needs and preparation for tradeshows, sales missions and local events
• Assist with collateral fulfilment and responding to general inquiries from travel agencies, and tour operators, providing client support
• Assist with hosting FAM tours including itinerary support, gift bag preparation and delivery, etc.
• Assist with content management for international consumer and travel trade audiences
• Manage Media and Tourism email inboxes
• Assist with CRM database management to include entering leads and follow-up from events, management of reporting and tracking media coverage clips, fulfilment reports, and maintaining media lists
• Assist CMO and with other projects as needed
Key qualifications & requirements:
• Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of experience in a similar position
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and basic graphic design using tools in the Adobe Design Suite; basic HTML
• Excellent writing, copy editing and proofreading skills
• Highly organized with ability to successfully manage projects and meet deadlines
• Experience with event planning and coordination
• Previous travel and tourism industry experience
• Knowledge of Austin history, attractions and offerings as a convention and tourism destination
• Foreign language proficiency
• Previous experience with CRM software systems
Excellent benefits; equal opportunity employer. Salary commensurate with experience.
Apply by sending your letter and resume with "Marketing Coordinator" in the subject line, by no later than 11/19/15.
Please submit the following along with your resume: 300-500 words describing your favorite thing about Austin and a 24 hour detailed itinerary that you would create for someone that was visiting Austin.