The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau is charged with marketing Austin nationally and internationally as a premier business and leisure destination, thus enriching our community's overall quality of life.
ACVB has an immediate opening for a Director of Marketing. This full time, exempt and salaried position will work in close conjunction with the Vice President & CMO to develop and effectively manage long-term marketing strategies for the Bureau.
In partnership with the ad agency, the Director of Marketing will be charged with effectively managing and executing ad campaign and media buy; managing agency retainer and projects; identifying monthly priorities and monitoring workload and project timelines. In addition, the position should effectively manage advertising budgets; act as steward of the ACVB brand, campaign, standards and quality assurance; and oversee all graphic design projects.
Other responsibilities include:
• oversee research projects and monitor industry trends and economic development issues that might involve or impact the hospitality & tourism industry;
• provide editorial guidance/direction and coordinate production as needed for all bureau printed and online materials, including the ACVB marketing plan, the visitor and meeting planner guides and various department collateral pieces;
• effectively oversee vendor relationships, including the ad agency, fulfillment house, local printers or design boutiques used for one-off projects; and manage the RFP process as needed for advertising, publishing, social media and other marketing services as needed;
• Oversee and execute production of key ACVB events, including the Annual Luncheon;
• Develop and maintain comprehensive photography library for in-house use, as well as use (non-commercial) by the media, hospitality partners, convention and trade associations, and community at-large;
• develop presentation materials;
• supervise production of film, video and audiovisual materials;
• develop partnerships and be actively involved with the hospitality community and various civic organizations;
• interact with local cultural groups, hotel properties, meetings facilities, and attractions to remain informed of local trends and activities; and
• directly supervise the Marketing Manager position.
Key Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Advertising; related fields will be considered.
• Minimum of five years' experience formulating, executing & evaluating marketing, e-marketing, advertising and communications campaigns.
• Must have staff supervisory and ad agency oversight experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
• Travel industry experience is a plus.
Excellent benefits; equal opportunity employer. Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume, with "Director of Marketing" in the subject line, no later than December 6, 2015.