While pumpkins and fall foliage signal the beginning of autumn in the rest of the U.S., Austin does things in its own way. Take a look at some of the Austin CVBs top insider picks for the month and experience some of our most unique October happenings. Be sure to visit our event calendar for even more great Austin events!
- If you are a book worm like I am, you should check out the free Texas Book Festival, Oct. 25-26. Held in and around the Texas State Capitol, the festival includes readings, presentations and book signings from more than 275 authors, cooking demonstrations, live music, local food and childrens activities. -Katie Cook, Director of Digital Marketing
Fanfest October 31- November 2.National, regional and local music acts will perform on multiple stages, plus attendees can find art, street performers, F1 simulators, F1 show cars, interactive sponsor activations, bars, parties, a family fun zone and more! -Rebekah Grmela, Marketing and Tourism Coordinator
- Kick back under the stars at Historic Scoot Dive-Inn during their Theatre Movie Series. Scoot is screening musically themed films in their backyard every Tuesday thru end of October. Drink specials are available throughout the evening from Scoot and bites are provided by their onsite food trailer Cazamance. -Susan Richardson, Director, Partnership Development
- This month I cant wait to attend the Austin Celtic Festivalon October 18 and 19! This festival showcases it all: music, dance, sports, animals history and workshops. I am looking most forward to the food (did someone say Irish Whiskey!?), the dancing as well as the Celtic jewelry and Celtic crafts from local vendors. -Kristen Maurel,Film, Music & Marketing Coordinator
- Come watch, cheer and support some 2,000 athletes (including me!) as they take on 70.3 miles of swimming, cycling and running on October 26. This spectator-friendly run course boasts one of the only indoor finishes on the Ironman 70.3 circuit. Jennifer Walker,Director of Marketing Communications
- As the summer begins to turn to fall, make sure to take advantage of the beautiful views and delicious eats at Altas Caf, located within the Waller Creek Boathouse in downtown Austin. You can even check out their upcoming Head of The Colorado Regatta on October 25! Taylor Evans,Account Director, Sports Commission
- Get in the Halloween spirit with one of the Halloween themed movies that the Alamo Drafthouse Theaters have to offer this month my personal must see is the Hocus Pocus Quote-Along. This is one among many of the Halloween Classics offered at various Alamo Drafthouse locations that includes GhostBusters and the Rocky Horror Picture Show. -Chandler Jones, Sales Coordinator