To celebrate the season, we've created a music video with a little help from Esther's Follies, Austin's favorite satirical comedy troupe. Check it out! Here are 12 more Austin picks to get in the spirit of things:
- Stroll through charming, bustling neighborhoods and laugh with the locals while enjoying the 37th Street lights.
- Keep warm in front of a fireplace while sipping on cocktails and holiday brews on Rainey Street.
- Glide into holiday cheer with ice skating on the roof of the Whole Foods flagship store.
- Enjoy a delicious, winter season brunch or dinner complete with elegant, holiday decor at Austin's most historic hotel, The Driskill.
- Be inspired through dance at Ballet Austin's holiday performances of The Nutcracker.
- Sip distinctive holiday cocktails in the decorated Lobby Lounge bar at The Four Seasons.
- Walk through a 1.25-mile light show at Zilker Park's Trail of Lights.
- Grab your favorite holiday cookies, cakes and pies from The University of Texas area's most delectable bakery, Quack's.
- Learn how to make traditional holiday dishes with cooking classes at Silver Whisk.
- Treat yourself to breakfast, brunch or even a late-night snack with Kerbey Lane's famous gingerbread pancakes.
- Twirl to twinkling lights on Austin's biggest ice rink at Holiday Lights & Ice at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa.
- Warm up with hot cider and kettle corn from food stands beneath Zilker Park's 155-foot-tall Holiday Tree. Don't forget to look up as you spin in the middle for a light show that's sure to take you back to your childhood.
For more fun Austin holiday events, check out our Holiday page, or tell us about your favorites at @VisitAustinTX or #TrueAustin.
Contributed by Kristen Pankratz, ACVB Marketing Intern.