The South by Southwest (SXSW) Film Conference and Festival has some great stuff lined up for the cine-files. 2015 brings 145 features, 60 short shorts and more than 100 world premieres, 13 U.S. premieres and 5 new TV series.
The impressive film lineup at SXSW includes: "Being Evel," "Get Hard," "Trainwreck," "Entertainment," "7 Chinese Brothers," "Manglehorn," "The Look of Silence," "Sir Doug and the Genuine Texas Cosmic Groove," "A Poem Is A Naked Person," "Love & Mercy," "All Things Must Pass," "Montage of Heck," "Raiders!," "Ex machine," "Don't You Wish That We Were Dead" and "Lost River."
Many have asked what is there to do beyond the awesome screenings, and while the parties are great, the highlights for me are the keynotes and conversations with filmmakers:
- Christine Vachon living indie film legend behind the production company Killer Films
- Ava DuVernay Golden Globe nominated director of Selma and the Sundance hit Middle of Nowhere
- Mark Duplass The local hero and talented writer, producer and director whos TV series Together debuted this year to much acclaim.
- RZA Wu Tang Clan mastermind and multi-Grammy award winning producer and soundtrack composer
- Sally Field
- Amy Schumer
- Jeff Nichols & Michael Shannon
- Henry Rollins
- Ryan Gosling
Check out sxsw.com/film for more info on screenings and the conference.