The Armadillo Christmas Bazaar celebrates 44 seasons of treating around 40,000 Texans and tourists to a fun holiday shopping experience. This family-friendly Austin staple features nearly 200 visual artists and makers showcasing their original work, local and award-winning musicians, interactive activities, local food and two full bars. Attendees will find gifts in all price ranges as well as fine art for their collections. Shoppers can learn stories about the artists and their works, support local and traveling artists and buy exclusive gifts.
The Armadillo Bazaar stage is known for bringing out special performances with high quality sound you can’t catch anywhere else. Shoppers can enjoy 36 bands ranging from breakout musicians, touring singer-songwriters and Austin legends playing the intimate Armadillo stage over the 12-day event.
The 2019 lineup includes: Úlla, Gina Chavez, Dale Watson, Eliza Gilkyson, John Fullbright, Micky and the Motorcars, Hot Club of Cowtown, Peterson Brothers, Texicana Mamas, The Watters, Jeff Plankenhorn, Gary P. Nunn, Warren Hood, Redd Volkaert Band, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Suzanna Choffel, Shelley King, Marcia Ball’s Pianorama, Emily Gimble, Beat Root Revival, Jesse Dayton, Zach Person, Tomar and the FCs, Swimming with Bears, Mélat, Ruthie Foster, Sir Woman, Wood & Wire, Brothers of the Castle, CJ Chenier and the Red Hot Louisiana Band, Jackie Venson, Carolyn Wonderland, Robert Ellis – Texas Piano Man, Blazing Bows, Albert and Gage, Bill Kirchen.
Experience new interactive activities this season:
• The Wishing Trees: Write down your holiday or New Year wish and tie it to one of the Wishing Trees located in the Sun Radio Bench Plaza.
• “Capture the Moment” Corner: Take a selfie or photo with family and friends in the photo booth or at an art activation by local artists.
• The Armadillo Shopping Scavenger Hunt: Purchase five or more items on the Armadillo Shopping Scavenger list to win. The more you match, the better the prize. Scavenger lists are available in the program upon arrival and can be redeemed at the Armadillo Store in the foyer.
• Kids Coloring Corner: Let the kids get creative and color in the Robo Roku booth.
• Art Concierge Service: Schedule an appointment to have a personal shopper help you select the perfect piece of art or gift for everyone on your list. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a complimentary appointment.
The Armadillo Bazaar will run December 13-24, open 11am-10pm through December 23 and 11am-8pm on Christmas Eve. Tickets are $10 for a single-day entry (available online or at the door); Free admission for children 12 and under; $50 for a season pass, which allows for entry throughout the duration of the 12-day show (only available for purchase until 12/12/19).View Map