The Fourth Annual Dia De Los Muertos Festival will be held in the Historic Downtown New Braunfels on Saturday, October 26 from Noon to 10:00 p.m. Last year, 14,000 people attended New Braunfels Dia de Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) Festival. Dia de los Muertos is a holiday observance to honor, remember and celebrate the lives of our deceased loved ones. This FREE community event celebrating the Hispanic culture. The streets will once again come alive with Kids Activities, Art, Culture, Vendors, Community Ofrenda, Food Trucks, Shopping, Live Entertainment and much more!
The festival includes:
• Downtown Shopping • Dancing • Mariachis • Live music
• Folklorico Dancers • Aztec Dancers • Art Exhibition • Procession Parade
• Community Ofrenda • Kids Activities • Story-Telling Time • Sugar Skull Class
• Flores de Papel Class • Best Dressed Catrina Contest
• 70 plus Vendors of Arts & Crafts, Cultural Food booths, Cultural Food Trucks and much more!
The New Braunfels Hispanic Business Alliance was formed in 2013 is a special division of the Greater New Braunfels Chamber of Commerce, Inc. 501C6 to promote, advocate, and educate our Hispanic community with the goal improving opportunities for success and provide the following programs:
• Buenos Dias Breakfasts- held every other month to connect with HBA members and you'll also hear updates on organizations initiatives and hear a presentation from a local community or business leaders.
• HBA Networking Mixers - held every other month to bring together the members and business leaders to help increase connections and grow relationships. Appetizers are provided and HBA members receive two drink tickets.
• Small Business Grants - to provide a cash injection to qualifying small businesses who have an immediate need or will use the funds for an expansion.
• Scholarships - provided each year to local high school seniors.
• West Side Historia - the HBA has been charged with helping improve and beautify critical areas of our community located on the West Side.
• Dia de los Muertos Festival – held in the Historic Downtown New Braunfels
WE’RE GROWING EVERY YEAR!
Number of Vendors Number of Attendees
2018 Festival 76
60 20,000 (Estimate)
2017 Festival 40 7,000
2016 Festival 30 2,500View Map