Join us at the Vista ranch on Saturday, August 27th for a celebration of all things HONEY! From 12 to 3 pm, you can enjoy:
* Samples of Hive Mind Honey Ale, the second iteration of our award-winning collaboration with local beekeepers and made with wild yeast swabbed from a Vista honeybee
* Honey tastings and honey food specials from the Vista Grill
An observation hive, a frame of live and active honeybees in a fully enclosed box with a viewing window
* Demonstration of how to render pure beeswax using a solar melter
* Kids' activities to learn about the amazing honeybee
12:30 pm Live demonstrations of extracting & spinning honey
1:00 – 1:30 pm Hosted walk to the Vista apiary
2:00 – 2:30 pm Brewmaster & Yeast Scientist talk about how we created the Hive Mind Honey Ale
2:30 pm Live demonstrations of extracting & spinning honey
Vista Brewing is a 21-acre ranch in the Hill Country town of Driftwood, just 25 minutes southwest of Austin. Vista has an apiary on site, which helps in pollination of our onsite vegetable farm. Vista also intentionally planted 6+ acres of wildflowers to support our honeybees.
We are fortunate to work with these local partners, please visit with them during the event:
* Our friends from the Hays County Beekeepers Association will be onsite if you’re interested in learning how to get started beekeeping.
* Bee Mindful, a local education and apiary management company who helps with Vista's hives, will be here showcasing top bar style hives and upcoming classes.
* Community Cultures Yeast Lab, our partners who swabbed a Vista honeybee and propagated the wild saccharomyces brewer's yeast for Hive Mind.
Honey Menu Specials to Be Announced!View Map