"Mentoring a Muse" UMLAUF Exhbition Featuring Works by and of Farrah Fawcett Museum & Exhibits
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden and Museum
- 605 Robert E. Lee Rd.
- Austin, TX 78704
- February 16, 2017 - August 20, 2017
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Phone: (512) 445-5582
- Time: Monday: Closed Tuesday - Friday: 10am - 4pm Saturday & Sunday: 12pm - 4pm
- Price: Adults $5, Seniors $3, Students $1, Free for 12 and under, as well as Active Military
The UMLAUF/Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum presents "Mentoring a Muse," the first-ever exhibition of numerous, and many never before seen, works from one-time University of Texas at Austin art student Farrah Fawcett and her mentor, professor and sculptor Charles Umlauf. Before Fawcett became an international icon following her role on the hit television show "Charlie's Angels," she studied as an undergraduate student at UT-Austin with Umlauf from 1965-68. After Fawcett's death in 2009, she bequeathed her personal art collection to the Blanton Museum of Art at UT-Austin; the Blanton will loan the UMLAUF more than 30 objects to complement the UMLAUF's works and those from private collections. "Mentoring a Muse" will run through August 20, 2017.