AUSTIN'S 12 DATES OF CHRISTMAS
Whether you're in Austin for a romantic getaway, a girl's night out, or bonding time with those you love most, Austin's holiday activities ensure that this really is the most wonderful time of the year. Here are our top 12 Austin picks to get in the spirit:
- Stroll through charming, bustling neighborhoods and laugh with the locals while enjoying the 37th Street lights.
- Keep warm in front of a fireplace while sipping on cocktails and holiday brews at the Lustre Pearl (pictured here).
- Glide into holiday cheer with ice skating on the roof of the Whole Foods flagship store.
- Enjoy a delicious, winter season brunch or dinner complete with elegant, holiday decor at Austin's most historic hotel, The Driskill.
- Be inspired through dance at Ballet Austin's holiday performances of The Nutcracker.
- Sip distinctive holiday cocktails in the decorated Lobby Lounge bar at The Four Seasons.
- Walk through a 1.25-mile light show at Zilker Park's infamous Trail of Lights (pictured above).
- Grab your favorite holiday cookies, cakes and pies from The University of Texas area's most delectable bakery, Quack's.
- Learn how to make traditional holiday dishes with cooking classes at Silver Whisk.
- Treat yourself to breakfast, brunch or even a late-night snack with Kerbey Lane's famous gingerbread pancakes.
- Twirl to twinkling lights on Austin's biggest ice rink at Holiday Lights & Ice at Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa.
- Warm up with hot cider and kettle corn from food stands beneath Zilker Park's 155-foot-tall Holiday Tree. Don't forget to look up as you spin in the middle for a light show that's sure to take you back to your childhood.
For more fun Austin holiday events, check out austintexas.org/visit/events and search the category "Holiday Events."