Situated between the Travis Co. Courthouse & the Austin History Center, this one-acre park was 1 of 4 public squares designated in the original plan for the city in 1839. After 70 years of vacancy in 1909, Mayor Wooldridge approved and funded improvements to the park, including the bandstand. Many governors & other influential figures, including President Lyndon Johnson & Booker T. Washington, used Wooldridge Square for public addresses. Today the park is a favorite spot for music and picnics.