EASY ITINERARIES FOR ATTENDEES
Give your attendees that genuine hospitality Austin is known for. Send them on these excursions and they'll be filling your inbox with Texas-sized thank-you's.
Two Hours or Less
- Enjoy Lady Bird Lake - The city's premier recreation area neighbors the Convention Center and offers a 10-mile crushed-granite path.
- Explore the Market District - Snack at the enormous flagship Whole Foods Market and shop at independent BookPeople and Waterloo Records.
- Tour the Texas State Capitol - Within walking distance of the Convention Center, the national historic landmark offers free, guided 90-minute tours all day.
- Get Cultural in South Austin - The Long Center for the Performing Arts stages everything from readings to outdoor concerts.
- Go on the Cosmic Cowboy Tour - Learn about music-centric sights while riding an amphibious vehicle that transforms from bus to boat.
- Escape into History - The free Harry Ransom Center houses a rare Gutenberg Bible and the world's first photograph.
Half a Day
- Visit the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum - Three floors of engaging and interactive exhibits tell the story of Texas.
- Get Outside at Zilker Park - Overlook downtown's skyline, see the Stevie Ray Vaughan statue and dip into a 68-degree natural spring-fed pool.
- Stroll South Congress - Order creative bites at one of numerous food trucks and shop for funky only-in-Austin fashions and décor.
- Escape to Oasis, Texas - Head 10 miles northwest of Austin for shopping, huge patios and sunset vistas.
- Go Upscale Downtown - Check out ACL Live at the Moody Theater, AMOA-Arthouse, the Driskill Hotel and more.
- Funkify in South Austin - Stroll the Umlauf Sculpture Garden, gawk at the Cathedral of Junk and take in tunes at South Lamar's Saxon Pub.
View a full rundown of itinerary ideas in the new 2013 Austin Meeting Planner and Destination Guide. Order yours today or flip through it online at www.austintexas.org/meet/toolkit/meeting-planner-guide/.
For more info on meeting in Austin, visit www.austintexas.org/meet.