Questions About Austin? You've Come to the Right Place
Austin certainly has plenty to keep even the most active local or visitor busy. So, whether you need a little help culling down all of our information, events and suggestions, or just can't find what you're looking for, you've come to the right place. We've organized our frequently asked questions into easy-to-scan categories to get you on the right path quickly. Find out when to tour the Capitol, where to go for live music, can't-miss places to shop and much, much more.
- Where is the Austin Visitor Center?
- Where are the Austin Convention Center, Palmer Events Center and Travis County Expo Center?
- What's the weather like? What is the average monthly temperature in Austin?
- How far is it from the airport to downtown?
- Is it safe to walk downtown?
Q: Where is the Austin Visitor Center located? When is it open?
A: The Austin Visitor Center is located at 602 E. Fourth Street.
Hours: Monday- Saturday, 9 am - 6 pm and Sunday, 10 am- 5 pm
Closed on Christmas, New Year's, Thanksgiving and Easter.
To learn more about Austin's warm welcome and the Visitor Center, click here.
- Austin Convention Center - 500 E. Cesar Chavez between Trinity and Red River Streets
- Palmer Events Center - South of Lady Bird Lake at the intersection of South First Street and Riverside Drive
- Travis County Expo Center - 7311 Decker Lane (northeast Austin)
Q: What's the weather like?
A: Austin's weather is generally temperate, with an average temperature of 68.5°. Our winters are mild, spring and fall are glorious, and the summertime is sunny and bright.
Where to stay
- How many hotel rooms are in Austin?
- How many hotel rooms are located downtown?
- What is occupancy tax in Austin?
- How do I book a hotel room?
Q: How do I book a hotel room?
A: Visit our booking engine.
Facts & Stats
- How many tourists visit Austin annually?
- What are the area's major industries?
- Where can I find more facts about Austin?
Q: What are the area's major industries?
A: According to the Austin Chamber of Commerce, the top industries are:
- Professional and Business Services
- Retail Trade
- Education and Health Services