Sports rights holders need to continually increase the success of their events, and a big part of that is funding and city services. Whether that’s serving as the local organizing committee for a State of Texas Event Trust Fund application, helping create an airport welcome to greet you as you ride the escalators down to baggage claim or providing a band for your next officials meeting, the Austin Sports Commission is here to help your event succeed.
TEXAS STATE EVENT TRUST FUND:
Are you Eligible via the State of Texas?
In order to apply for an Event Trust Fund, the applicant and event must meet the following criteria established by statute:
- The applicant is a municipality, city or a local organizing committee. A local organizing committee (LOC) is a nonprofit corporation, such as the Austin Sports Commission, that has been authorized by one or more endorsing municipalities or counties to bid on and/or host the event.
- A site selection organization selected a site to host the event in Texas through a highly competitive selection process, after considering one or more locations outside of Texas. The event can be chosen to be held one time or once a year for a period of years.
- The site selected must be the sole site for the event, or the sole site for the event in a region composed of this state and one or more adjoining states.
- The event will not be held more than one time in any year.
Are you eligible via the Austin Sports Commission?
The Austin Sports Commission is limited to the amount of times we are eligible to apply for the Event Trust Fund in any given year, so we want to make sure we are using the fund strategically.
Click here to see the Austin Sports Commission Guidelines
If you are eligible, please contact Drew Hays at email@example.com for more information.
OTHER AUSTIN SPORTS COMMISSION INCENTIVES & SERVICES
- Facility & site selection
- Hotel room block assistance
- Off-site venue sourcing
- Social media promotion
- Airport welcome
- Local media connections
- Insider Deals
- Online image and video library
- Welcome gifts or amenities
- Visitor guides or maps
- Need a live musician or band? We can source that too!
- Need medical, additional bleachers, printing or connections to additional local service providers? We’ve got those contacts for you.