America’s Largest Indoor Waterpark Resort Comes to Round Rock, Texas
Round Rock, Texas is the new home to America’s Largest Indoor Waterpark with the opening of Kalahari Resorts and Conventions. The authentically African themed resort brings 1.5 million square feet of space to play, including 223,000 square feet of wet and wild fun at the Indoor Waterpark.
The all-under-one-roof experience offers world-class dining, a luxurious spa, live entertainment, diverse shopping experiences, a thrilling indoor theme park and a state-of-the-art convention center. The Round Rock resort is Kalahari’s fourth property and the first Kalahari Resort in Texas and the Southwest market.
The new resort boasts some impressive amenities:
- 975 guest rooms
- 30 waterslides
- 20 pools and whirlpools
- Three acres of outdoor pools
- A world-class spa and salon
- 20 on-site dining options, including four signature full-service restaurants
- Tom Foolerys Adventure Park with thrill rides, zip lines, climbing walls, mini-golf, bowling, laser tag and more
Play for the day – or book an overnight stay!
Austin-area residents can enjoy many of the attractions without an overnight stay. America’s Largest Indoor Waterpark, Tom Foolerys Adventure Park and Spa Kalahari and Salon are open to the public, with day passes available for purchase online for the waterpark and adventure park.
Also open to local residents, Kalahari’s four amazing signature restaurants feature delicious dining options for the whole family:
- Double Cut Charcoal Grill/Bourbon Bar serves premium cuts of meat, craft cocktails and family-style sides.
- Sortino’s Italian Kitchen includes Pizzeria Sortino, Sortino’s Cafe & Gelato and Enoteca wine lounge.
- Cinco Niños offers Modern Mexican and a tequila bar.
- B-Lux Grill & Bar features deliciously unique burgers and shakes handcrafted from scratch with fresh ingredients that are locally sourced.
Reservations are encouraged via Open Table for Kalahari signature restaurants.
Enjoy the art, entertainment and shopping
Kalahari Resorts are authentically African-themed, and the Round Rock resort features a one-of-a-kind modern African design with a local Texas spirit. Inspired by the owners, the Nelson family, and a family trip to Africa more than 20 years ago, the resort features more than 1,000 pieces of hand-selected African art, sculpture, furniture and retail items from South Africa, Ghana and Tanzania. The $600,000 art investment is part of an ongoing brand commitment to the people, places and cultures that inspire the resorts. To date, Kalahari Resorts has invested more than $5.5 million in the purchase of African art, textiles and more to support African artists, craftspeople and entrepreneurs.
For live music lovers, Redd’s Piano Bar and Lounge offers a diverse wine list, handcrafted cocktails and nightly live entertainment at 7 p.m.
Shoppers can enjoy 10,000 sq. ft. of retail space, including Amatuli outdoor marketplace with authentic African items. In spring 2021, Amatuli will include workshop tours with artists-in-residence, activities and more.
For more info and to book your stay, visit www.KalahariResorts.com/texas.
Photos and article contributed by Kalahari Resorts & Conventions.