Heritage and Diversity Marketing Specialist
This specialized position is a new role to drive our marketing programs that promote Austin’s rich heritage and diversity. Responsible for partnering with community leaders, responding to communication needs as they relate to tourism, as well as, managing assets and projects that encompass heritage or diversity through the items listed below.
- Identify, implement and monitor marketing programs that promote Austin’s rich heritage and diversity
- Concept and execute heritage and diversity content to be leveraged in print and online channels
- Liaise with community leaders to understand and respond to communication needs as they relate to tourism; represent Austin CVB at heritage and multicultural events
- With Director of Marketing and VP, Chief Marketing Officer, monitor the Austin CVB Heritage and Diversity budget
- Assist Director of Marketing with production, video, photography and advertising needs
- Partner with Austin CVB departments to provide heritage and diversity marketing assistance including copywriting, presentations, and event support
- Maintain heritage and diversity creative asset library and serve as internal resource for assets
- Actively solicit Heritage Grant recipients and assist Senior Vice President of Sales in grant fulfillment
- Interface with advertising agency on select projects
- Excellent writing, copy editing and proofreading skills
- Highly organized
- Experience marketing to diverse target audience segments
- Knowledge of the destination and its heritage and historical offerings
- Ability to successfully manage projects from start to finish and meet deadlines
- Superior computer skills – proficiency in MS Office; graphic design experience a plus
- Knowledge of social media or other online marketing channels
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
- Previous experience in the sustainable tourism and/or travel and tourism industry a plus
- Qualified candidates will have a bachelor’s degree and 3+ years successful experience in a similar position.
Interested qualified individuals should email a resume and cover letter by March 1, 2017. ACVB is an equal opportunity employer.
Internships are available in the following departments: Convention Sales, Convention Services, Marketing Communications, Music, Tourism, Sports Commission and our Visitor Center. Learn More.
The Visitor Center is always looking for energetic volunteers. Whether you're new to the area and want to learn more about Austin or a long-time resident with plenty of wisdom to share, volunteering at the Visitor Center is a great way to promote our wonderful city while meeting new people and having fun. Schedules are very flexible as we are open daily until at least 5 p.m. Please call our Visitor Center Assistant Manager, Cynthia Trenckmann at 512-583-7235 to schedule a time to tour the Visitor Center and meet the staff and other volunteers.