Let us answer your questions with this guide to Frequently Asked Questions. Select the question below that best fits your inquiry, or contact our team for more information.
- How many square feet of exhibit space does the Austin Convention Center have?
- How many meeting rooms does the Convention Center have?
- What are the largest downtown hotels? How many rooms? Meeting space?
- How many hotel rooms are within walking distance to the Convention Center?
- How old is the Austin Convention Center?
- What are the average monthly temperatures in Austin?
- How far is it from the airport to downtown?
- What are the transportation options from the airport to downtown?
- How many restaurants are in downtown Austin?
- Is there a welcome program at the airport?
Q: How many square feet of exhibit space does the Austin Convention Center have?
A: More than 247,000 gross square feet - contiguous and column-free. This space can be divided into five exhibit halls. Learn more about the Convention Center.
- The Hilton Austin is adjacent to the Convention Center. The hotel offers 800 total rooms and 80,000 square feet of meeting space, along with a new skybridge which connects the hotel to the Center.
- The JW Marriott Austin is located two blocks from the Convention Center, providing 1,012 rooms and 110,000 square feet of meeting space.
- The Fairmont Austin is adjacent and connected to the Convention Center via the Red River Canopy Walk. The hotel offers 1,048 rooms and 140,000 square feet of total meeting space.
- Located across the street from the Austin Convention Center, the 613-room Austin Marriott Downtown features 64,000 square feet of event space.
Q: How many hotel rooms are within walking distance to the Convention Center?
A: As of 2022, there are 13,500+ total rooms downtown (47,000+ total rooms in the Austin market). By 2023, there will be 14,000+ total rooms downtown and 49,000+ rooms citywide.
Q: What are the average monthly temperatures in Austin?
A: Normal average daily temperature: 65.4°F (18.9°C). Learn more about Austin's seasons and weather.
Q: What is the distance from the airport to downtown?
A: It's a mere 7.5 miles, less than 15 minutes drive time. Learn more about the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Q: What are the transportation options from the airport to downtown?
A: Your attendees have many convenient choices to get where they need to be. Learn more about getting around Austin.
- Airport Flyer Bus Service
- $1.75 one way bus service
- Austin's Capitol Metro offers direct airport bus service via a dedicated route that travels between the airport and downtown, the Capitol and The University of Texas.
- Toll-free: 800-474-1201
- Carter Transportation
- $15 (one way), $28 (round-trip from downtown)
- 512-BLUEVAN (258-3826)
- 24/7 Dispatch: 512-929-3900 x 2
- Group Sales: 512-929-3900
- $30 (one way from airport to downtown)
Q: How many restaurants are in downtown Austin?
A: There are more than 200 restaurants, with a wide culinary range and many award-winning options. Learn more about dining in Austin.
Q: Is there a welcome program at the airport?
A: Yes. Options such as banners, welcome stations, live music performances and special transportation accommodations can be arranged through Austin-Bergstrom International Airport Welcoming Services.