Food truck eats are a must when you visit Austin. Whether you're looking for a family-friendly food truck park or tasty late night bites on the patio at a nearby bar, here are 25 to add to your Austin dining itinerary.
Vegan Bac'n Cheezeburger. Courtesy of Arlo's.
1. Wake up with a migas breakfast taco at Veracruz All Natural, named one of Food Network’s Top 5 Tacos in America. Open for takeout.
2. Long-time staple El Primo dishes up tacos, tortas and burritos. Try the popular pastor (pork) or the lengua (beef tongue). Open for takeout.
3. The Turkish-style wraps at Kebabalicious include the savory beef-and-lamb nestled in a pita, sided with hummus or crispy fries. Open for takeout.
4. At Luke’s Inside Out, try one of Chef Luke Bibby’s creative bites, like the spicy Szechwan fried chicken sandwich. Open for takeout.
Burro. Credit Geoff Duncan.
6. The Mighty Cone serves its foods in a handy paper cone, like the chicken tenders wrapped in a tortilla. Open for takeout at The Picnic location.
7. Tommy Want Wingy is all about the chicken wing lollipops that come in a variety of flavors, including garlic parmesan. Open for takeout.
8. For kid-friendly food on the run, find the Burro Cheese Kitchen food trailer on South Congress Avenue and savor the inventive grilled cheese sandwiches. Open for takeout.
9. Detroit-style square pizza is the specialty at Via 313, owned by two brothers who grew up on the stuff. Open for takeout.
10. South Austin's Revolution Vegan Kitchen serves up plant-based comfort food like buffalo chick'n wraps, "notzarella" sticks, jackfruit al pastor tacos and more at the Thicket Food Truck Park. Open for takeout.
Courtesy of Emoji's Grilled Cheese.
11. Find your barbecue fix at award-winning East Austin trailer Micklethwait Craft Meats, named one of Texas Monthly's 50 Best BBQ Joints in Texas. Open for takeout.
13. LeRoy and Lewis offers a creative take on barbecue with a seasonally changing menu of meats sliced to order, such as the decadent smoked beef cheeks and pulled whole hog. Open for pre-orders and takeout.
14. Indulge in family-style Italian from Patrizi’s, which uses secret family recipes to create its homemade sauces and pulled-to-order pastas. Open for takeout.
15. The Emoji’s Grilled Cheese food truck offers fun and creative spins on the classic sandwich. Try the 9/13 brisket grilled cheese or a grilled chicken pesto sandwich with a refreshing sweet peach tea. Open for takeout.
Courtesy of Dee Dee.
16. Garbo’s serves up New England cuisine, including fresh lobster rolls prepared Maine style (chilled, with homemade mayo) or Connecticut style (warm, brushed with lemon-tarragon butter). Open for takeout.
17. At Bananarchy, build your own frozen banana confection with dips like chocolate and peanut butter, along with toppings that include a selection of candies, nuts and cookies. Open for takeout.
18. Authentic Northern Thai street foods like pad kaprow (spicy stir-fried pork sauteed in homemade chili paste) are the specialty at the husband-and-wife-owned Dee Dee Thai. Open for online pre-orders and takeout.
19. The Vegan Nom is Austin’s first all-vegan taco trailer, offering plant-based breakfast tacos throughout the day, bomb nachos topped with black beans and house-made queso. Open for takeout.
20. Step up to the Airstream and treat yourself to a sweet donut treat (like the Miss Shortcake, with cream cheese icing and fresh strawberries) at Gourdough’s. Open for takeout and patio dining.
Valentina's Tex Mex BBQ. Credit Rose McIntyre, BFA Photography.
21. The Peached Tortilla offers Southern comfort food with Asian flare, including the banh mi bowl layered with Vietnamese braised pork belly, sriracha mayo and cilantro-lime rice. Open for takeout.
22. At Valentina’s Tex Mex BBQ choose from tempting taco fillings like smoked brisket topped with guacamole, tomato serrano salsa and sea salt. Open for takeout.
23. Sassy’s Vegetarian Soul Food specializes in, you guessed it, plant-based soul food dishes. Get your hearty breakfast fix with the Chicon N Waffles, or fill up on the Cajun Mac and Cheese made with vegan sausage. Open for takeout, Thursday-Saturday.
24. Sample Mediterranean fare at Abo Youssef. Make sure to snag a glass of mint tea and say "Hi" to the owner, Samir, who will always greet you with a smile. Open for takeout.
25. Find authentic Jamaican dishes at the Tony’s Jamaican Food trailer in East Austin, including jerk chicken, oxtail, fried plantains along with Jamaican sodas and more.